Japanese automaker Honda’s CEO Takanobu Ito has announced he will step down later this year as the company suffers multiple setbacks that have dented its brand image.
The 61-year-old makes way for little-known insider Takahiro Hachigo, a 33-year veteran of the firm’s research and development, procurement and manufacturing divisions.
The move comes amid falling sales and damaging recalls caused by defective airbags. This has led to a delay in launching new models...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events