In September, Groupon was forced to shut down operations in seven countries including the Philippines, Thailand and Taiwanmarking a sharp reversal for the tech company. At its business peak, Groupon had rebuffed a multibillion-dollar buyout offer from Google to pursue its own path as a publicly traded company.
In recent years that path had become more difficult and culminated in an ongoing turnaround effort. Rich Williams, COO at Groupon, announced job cuts, international closures...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events