In August, the research firm forecast a 3.8 per cent year-on-year market contraction. However the projection proved optimistic as the market has dropped 8.6 per cent in the third quarter compared to the same period in 2011.
Even taking into account the continued pressure from other products such as tablets and smartphones, as well as uncertainty over the impact of Windows 8 and the economic outlook, IDC was surprised by the market's decline. ...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events