On March 1, Gap sent a legal notice to Green the Gap, an online retailer set up by a New Delhi-based NGO called Swechha, claiming it was taking undue advantage of Gap’s reputation and goodwill. It warned the company to stop using the word Gap’ across stores, apparels and its website within two weeks.
“Our brands are among our most valuable assets and we have a global trademark protection programme in place,” Edie Kissko,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events