The social network wants to show ads to people watching videos on the platform and will share the revenues it raises with publishers, according to Recode.
Sources claim Facebook will test a mid-roll’ ad format that will allow publishers to host ads in their clips after people have watched for more than 20 seconds.
It is understood Facebook will provide publishers with 55 percent of sales, which is the same revenue...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events