Dentsu is to pay a total of 2.4 billion yen US$22 million to employees for overtime worked between March 2015 and March 2017.
Shusaku Kannan, a spokesperson for Dentsu, told Campaign that the payment was in recognition of hours staff had logged as “self-training at the office”.
“Based on the guidance of the authorities in Japan, we have decided to pay overtime for self-study or other reasons that helped generate ideas,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events