Facing increasing competition with the advancement of digital cameras and DSLR cameras, the camcorder market has shown a serious decline since 2009. As a result, leading camcorder brand Sony Handycam experienced its biggest decline in sales yet.
Consumers tend to view camcorders as impractical goods only for special occasions like getting married or giving birth. The communication strategy of emphasising product features no longer motivates purchasing decisions, especially when the sales price of a Handycam is usually higher than...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events