Apple has been running ads within search in the US since last October and claims conversion rates of more than 50 percent.
The company also said the average cost per acquisition is around $1 and can be as low as $0.50 for smaller advertisers.
Apple also promises that ad relevance is prioritised over ad spend so that no developer can dominate search results no matter how much they are willing to pay....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events