The merger of Maxus and MEC was an expected move given WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell's desire to streamline the holding company and make it less complicated, an analyst said.
When Martin Sorrell spoke to Liberum last week, he said he thought WPP was too complex and not client-focused enough, Ian Whittaker, head of European media research for Liberum, told Campaign.
On 24 May, Liberum reported that this suggested...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events