Alibaba has reportedly been taking steps to enter Pakistan.
From meeting with Adam Dawood of TCS Yayvo to making a bid for Telenor Bank, Alibaba is setting itself up for an easy transition into an e-commerce market valued at US$150 million when considering profitable sales.
The reason for acquiring Telenor Bank is to have the largest payment network that is active, has a large footprint and works with a cash-dominant system....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events