AKQA has hired Yoichiro Basso as general manager for Japan.
Basso was most recently head of marketing for San Francisco at Uber. Before that, he was VP of marketing at GE Capital, also in San Francisco. Basso grew up in Japan but moved to the US to attend NYU and Berkeley. He began his career at Ogilvy Mather in New York. He was not available for comment on the new role.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events