March was the first time a standalone, cross-category campaign for women on national TV was put out by Adidas, which used to do little patches of advertising in single categories like running. The German brand commonly runs global TV spots in each local market, exceptions being the Beijing Olympics in 2008, for example.
For a single market in a non-event year, to run a completely localised, publicly televised campaign just for women, is a big...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events