The report attributed continued growth in emerging markets to the burgeoning middle classes, youthful populations, and sizeable foreign direct investment.
“The growth in large emerging markets such as China is projected to add at least 70 million new consumers to the global middle class per year, which is an additional 500 million new middle-class consumers by 2020, said Vicky Eng, global retail lead, Deloitte US. This new wave of consumption represents a huge opportunity...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events